Best window fans
I do not know about you, but I value the quality of the air in my home. Maybe a little too much. In a way, I feel that I must always find a way to improve the air inside, especially since I have a pet and I cook quite a lot. That is why I installed a window fan. I have to say that it worked wonderfully so far, and I am delighted with the results. Not only that the air in my home is dramatically improved, but it is cheaper than air conditioning. The electricity, along with the filters and all that cost more than a simple window fan, and if it works that well, why go for something else? Of course, when summer arrives, I will probably go back to the air conditioning unit, but in the spring, a window fan is excellent.
The benefits of window fans
A lot of people do not realize this, but there are plenty of benefits you can enjoy if you buy yourself a window fan. First of all, the cost of energy is pretty high, and a window fan can help you save some money. These small devices, once installed, reduce the cost of energy by actually helping your existing air conditioning unit to work more efficiently.
Second of all, windows fan are relatively easy to install. You do not need any tools to do it, and the installation should take just a few minutes. If you look hard enough, you will find a model that fits your windows perfectly and that way you do not struggle to install the window fan.
Thirdly, window fans are designed to pull in fresh and cold air from outside, but it can also take the stale air from inside and push it out. Of course, the fan needs to have a reversible feature, but it is entirely possible. Furthermore, if you opt for a double window fan, you get one fan that pulls fresh air in and another that gets the stale air out. At the same time. The quality of the air will become incredibly better, and the indoor particle concentration will be lowered.
The rules of using a window fan
For the window fan to work efficiently, you need to follow a set of simple rules. There is nothing out of the ordinary, and it should be pretty easy for you to follow them. I just want to make sure that you know what I am talking about.
- Never install a window fan that is supposed to bring in fresh air above a trash can, a compost pile, or anything else that may contaminate the air with a strong odor. Before you know it, your entire house will smell like garbage, and the whole point of a window fan just goes out the window (pun intended.)
- Do not let the window fan run while it is heavy raining or the weather is lousy. Window fans are designed to withstand light rains, but heavy rain may break it. When that happens, unplug the window fan, and allow it to dry before you plug it back in.
- If you can afford it, buy yourself a double window fan. It brings air in and blows air out at the same time for better air circulation. Or at least buy a window fan with a reversible function. It is your call.
- When you are cleaning, unplug the fan first, use a damp cloth to clean the fan itself, and if you can, insert the brush accessory of the vacuum cleaner to extract all the dust particles.
- Always close the window that holds the fan as tightly. This is required to avoid local circulation
What to consider when buying a window fan
Before you plan on purchasing a window fan, there are a few things you need to pay attention to so that you can make the right decision. If you choose a random product, you may end up with something of low-quality and poor function. That is why a list of criteria is the best thing you can use.
- Size – obviously, window fans are installed on windows. It is essential that the one you buy fits the window perfectly. If it does not, you could end up with a fan that is toppled over, which means that you have to buy another one. At the same time, a window fan that does not fit well can lead to local circulation. It is a phenomenon in which the air is just drawn back and forth. The best thing to do is buy the right size, and you also must seal the gap between the window and the fan. You can use paper, cardboard, or even masking tape.
- Safety – a window fan is not dangerous by itself, but buying a window fan with a screen can spare you some trouble. For example, the screen will prevent any rodents or insects to make their way into your home. Robbers are also known to use screenless window fans to gain entry in people’s home. The point> buy a window fan with a protective screen.
- Speed settings – just like a regular fan, it would be best if the window fan you buy has adjustable speed. That way you have more control over the air that comes in or gets out. Depending on the circumstances, you may need that feature.
- Sound levels – nobody likes a window fan that makes too much noise. You are supposed to sleep, eat, have a conversation and watch TV while the window fan is working. How are you going to do that if the fan is annoyingly loud?
- Remote control – while turning on/off a window fan, or adjusting its setting is not difficult without a remote, the existence of one is better. If you think about it, TVs could also be controlled by pushing its buttons, but we still made that feature obsolete. It is the same with the window fan. A remote will make changing the settings effortless.
- Power – it goes without saying that the more powerful the window fan, the more fresh air will get in your home. The fan should be at least powerful enough to handle the amount of air you need in and out.
What are the best window fans?
Looking for the best window fan is not supposed to be challenging, but some people get confused because there are so many of them out there. Reading some window fans reviews online may help you get a clearer picture of what is out there, and as long as you follow the criteria above, you should make the right decision. Or you could just go for one of the models below.
Bionaire BW2300-N Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan with Remote Control
The Bionaire model is one of the best-selling products in this category. Thousands of people declared themselves satisfied after purchasing and installing this window fan, which is why I thought you are going to appreciate it as well. It is a twin window fan that draws in cool, exhausts hot air, or simply exchanges air with the outside. It is a highly efficient window fan that will change the air you have inside your home.
The window fan from Bionaire features an LED digital display that shows the current. Just as the title suggests, you have a remote control that allows you to set the speed without getting off the chair or couch. As for that, the unit has three speeds. It also features a thermostat which turns off or on the fan to maintain the desired level of comfort. The reversible function will allow you to change the setting as you wish.
As for compatibility, this window fan fits double-hung windows, vertical slider, and casement windows from 24 to 37 inches wide. If you do not know the measurement exactly, you can use extenders. They will allow you to custom fit the window fan. The unit is easy to use, has a sturdy construction, and it features a screen that will keep rodents and insects outside. The motor is well built and water-resistant. Even if it rains, you can still use the window fan from Bionaire. You can bring in that fresh during-rain air. I do not know about you, but I love it, especially when it rains after a very long time.
Holmes HAWF2043 Dual Blade Twin Window Fan with One-Touch Thermostat
The window fan from Holmes is pretty similar to the previous unit. It has dual blade operation, and the double 8.5-inch blades run independently. The independent electronically reversible motors allow for air intake, exhaust, and air exchange. You can set the motors so that they both take air in and both get air out. The choices are many, and you can set them however you want.
This unit has only two speed settings, but that should be enough since the motors are quite efficient. At the same time, the motors are water resistant, so you can let the window fan on while it rains. They will not suffer any damage. Cleaning the unit is just as easy. Just wait for it to dry, and then you can insert the small accessory of the vacuum cleaner between the blades to remove all dust particles.
The Holmes window fan allows the installation of extenders for a perfect fit. The fan can be installed on double-hung, vertical-sider, and casement windows. Installation is easy to achieve, and you will use the unit with ease. The built-in thermostat will maintain the desired temperature by turning the fans on and off.
Genesis Twin Window Fan
This time I went with a slightly bigger window fan. It is not a lot bigger, but the blades are 9 inches instead of 8.5 like the previous two products. It features three speed settings: low, medium, and high. You can choose whichever makes you feel comfortable. The unit is equipped with max cool technology. The built-in thermostat allows you to select a temperature that ranges from 60 to 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The LED lights will help you keep track of the temperature.
The Genesis window fan has two 9-inch fan heads, and each of them has its own durable copper motor. Both motors are built to withstand all weather situations, including rain. They are water resistant. The protective screen will prevent anything from getting inside your home. Other than fresh air, of course.
The expandable side panels will enable you to custom fit the window fan so that they come together perfectly with your window. They can extend an additional 6.5 inches on each side. You do not need mixing tape, paper, or cardboard. This window fan will cover all the gaps to prevent local circulation.
I think that all three products will do an excellent job at keeping your home properly ventilated, but if I were to choose, I would go with the Bionaire BW2300-N Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan with Remote Control. It has pretty much the same features as the other two, but it has a remote control, and that is a huge selling point for me. I think it is one of the best window fans you can buy in this price range.
While window fans are not that big, do not make the mistake of underestimating them. They are potent, and they will keep the air in your home flowing. The secret lies with the best window fan. One of the products above will undoubtedly do a good job, and whichever one you choose, I am sure you will be satisfied with it. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Best Window Fans for Cooling – Is it a Scam?
- Whatever They Told You About Holmes Whole Room Window Fan Is Dead Wrong…And Here’s Why
- Exhaust Window Fan Can Be Fun for Everyone
- The Fundamentals of Holmes Whole House Window Fan You Will be Able to Learn From Beginning Immediately
- Surprising Information About Air King Window Fan Uncovered
- The Nuiances of High Velocity Window Fan
- Incredible Facts About Holmes Dual Blade Twin Window Fan Revealed by Industry Leaders
- The Recently Leaked Secrets to Whole House Window Fan Disclosed
- Who is Discussing Fan Window and Why You Need to Be Concerned
- What Absolutely Everybody Is Saying About Dual Window Fans
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Window Box Fan
- Top Window Ventilation Fan Tips!
- Most Powerful Window Fan – the Story
- The Meaning of Bionaire Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan
- The One Thing to Do for Large Window Fan
- The Benefits of Holmes Twin Window Fan
- Underrated Concerns About Window Fan Reviews
- One of the Most Incredibly Overlooked Solutions for Reversible Window Fan
- Unusual Article Uncovers the Deceptive Practices of Casement Window Fan
- Definitions of Bionaire Twin Window Fan
- Important Solutions to Powerful Window Fan
- What You Must Know About Window Fan with Remote
- The Debate Over Lasko Window Fan
- What Everybody Is Saying About Quiet Window Fan Is Dead Wrong and Why
- The Debate Over Bionaire Twin Reversible Airflow Window Fan with Remote Control
- Understanding Dual Window Fan
- A Guide to Window Extractor Fan
- The Nuiances of Double Window Fan
- The Lost Secret of Twin Window Fan
- Choosing Small Window Fan
- The Quintessential Guide to Vertical Window Fan
- Bionaire Window Fan – Overview
- Holmes Window Fan Secrets That No One Else Knows About
- Ruthless Window Exhaust Fan Strategies Exploited
- The Secret to Window Fan